Video marketing by the numbers
The single most important strategy in content marketing today is video. Whether it’s video on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat or Youtube, the content you need to be thinking about creating for your social media channels or website is video.
No matter what you’re selling, no matter what your company does, if you don’t have a video marketing strategy for the biggest video platforms, you’re missing out on a great opportunity.
Don’t just take our word for it it, here are the facts and figures…
• Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019
• Adding a video to marketing emails can boost click-through rates by 200-300%
• Using the word ‘video’ in an email subject line boosts the open rates by 19%
• Embedding videos in landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%
• 90% of customers report that product videos help them make purchasing decisions
• According to YouTube, mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year
• 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it
• 87% of online marketers are currently using video content in their digital marketing strategies
• 55% of people watch videos online every day
• 50% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week
• 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
• 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post
• A single minute of video content is the equivalent of 1.8 million words
• Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store
• 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful
• 8 out of 10, 18 to 49 year olds watch YouTube in an average month
• YouTube has over a 1 billion users
• 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day
We hope this post has helped you in some way, but if you have any questions about this article or any of our services, please drop us a line and we’ll get back to you.